With free registration in the UB, you can open a library account, which is required for book borrowing for example.
Note: No registration is required to access the print materials in the library, use our e-resources, or utilize the library as a study space.
- Library account: The library account provides an overview of your personal data, current and past borrowings, reservations and charges as well as interlibrary loan orders. Here you can extend the deadline of borrowed media online and place reservations.
The login in Kaiserslautern runs via your RHRK account via Shibboleth. In Landau please use your library card ID and password.
- Registration form: Fill out the form (only in german). Before we create your library account we need your identity card or passport.
As a start borrowing media is free of charge.
- You can find the loan periods for distance learners in the relevant section here. They are the same as those for our on-campus students.
Additionally, the loan periods will be displayed for you when researching in the Katalog+ after logging in for the respective title.
- Fees: Fees are charged when the loan period is exceeded. For each week and medium it is 2 €. For more information see this overview.
- An online extension is possible, if the medium is not marked and no fees have been incurred.
- All newspapers and magazines as well as reference works and titles from the semester programs are not available for loan. Only use at site is possible here. You can however copy the required parts or save copies with our book scanners on your USB memory stick. Please observe the German Coypright Law when you make copies or scans.
Printing: The central printing service of the RHRK provides you with a free-batch of 200 DIN A4 pages per month. Select "PS" and "PS-eins" (for one-sided printing) in the print menu. The printed pages can be picked up at the RHRK in Building 34 / Room 256. You will find the status of your print in the Service portal of the RHRZ. For more information about printing, click here.
Copying: Coin copiers are available in all library units. Please note that the devices do not change money.
Scanning: At least one book scanner is available in each library that allows you to scan chapters of a book and articles and save them on a USB memory stick. The central library has got a scanner that allows you to send a few pages via e-mail and two desk scanners. Handling instructions can be found on the devices.
Exception: If you apply for a chip card in the StudentServiceCenter (SSC), you obtain the same conditions for printing and copying apply as our students at site.
Printing: Students can print in the PC-rooms II (EIII, EG, Room 50) and III (EIII, KG, Room 043). For further Informations visit the URZ website.
The rooms of the library are at your disposal as learning rooms the same way they are used by our students at site. In the Central Library and University Library Landau, there are many individual workplaces, in our department libraries (except ARUBI) are also group workrooms. An overview of the equipment can be found here.
As the library is visited daily by many users and a pleasant learning climate is to be maintained, behave considerately:
- Food and drink: Only water in sealed, transparent bottles is permitted in the rooms of the library. Food is not welcome.
- Break card: If you want to leave your workplace at short notice, please use the break card. They are available in each library. You can leave your workplace for a maximum of 60 minutes during the time from 12 am to 2 pm, at other times for 30 minutes. The place is reserved for you.
- Lockers: Jackets and bags can be stored in lockers before entering the rooms. In Landau the lockers require individual padlocks that can be bought at our issue desk for 5,00 €. We would be glad to provide you with a basket for things you would like to take into the library.
Since jackets and bags are not allowed in the library, we provide lockers for your use.
- In the Central Library, the lockers are controlled using your student ID card. As a distance learner, you can borrow a guest card at the entrance by showing your ID.
- Instructions on how to use the lockers can be found here. The Department Libraries offer open storage for bags as well as lockers with keys. You can obtain the keys at the respective checkout desks.
- At the Landau University Library, you need to bring your own padlock to use the lockers. We have a limited number of locks available at the service desk for purchase at 5 Euro each.
If you work with your notebook in our rooms, you can use the network eduroam.
You can find information about the setup here.
By using your RPTU account, you can not only access the content of web pages but also our e-media and databases licensed for the library.
If you visit us more often, you may be interested in creating a student chip card. It is the same as that our onsite students have got. It can be used to pay in the cafeteria, serves as a library card and can be used for the operation of multifunctional equipment.
You will receive this at the StudentServiceCenter for a fee.